HOW WE COLLECT AND STORE YOUR DATA
We collect your data
- when you interact with us
- when you visit our branches and websites or use our products, services and mobile apps
- from other people and companies
- from other HSBC group companies.
We store your data in physical or electronic form on our systems, our service providers' systems or a third party cloud locally or overseas.
We comply with the laws of Macau.
WHAT WE USE YOUR DATA FOR
We use your data
- to provide products and services to you
- to market products or services to you if you've given us your consent to do so
- to comply with laws, regulations and requirements, including our internal policies
- to help us to prevent financial crimes
- to improve our products, services and marketing
- for the other purposes set out in section A.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH
We may share your data
- with other companies and third parties who help us to provide services to you or who act for us
- with other HSBC group companies
- with third parties who you consent to us sharing your data with
- with local or overseas law enforcement agencies, industry bodies, regulators or authorities
- with the other third parties set out in section C.
We may share your data locally or overseas.
You can access your data
You can request access to the data we store about you. We may charge a fee for this.
You can also ask us to correct or update your data.
You can set your marketing preferences
You can contact us at any time if you don't want us to send direct marketing to you via certain channels, such as email or post.
You can contact us
HSBC, PO Box 476, Macau
The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited, Macau Branch
Your data may be used to
- assess you for products and services and enable us to provide and operate them
- conduct credit checks and reviews on you and obtain or provide credit references
- manage our business, including our credit and other risk management functions and to comply with our internal policies
- design and improve our products, services and marketing
- as described in section D, provide you with marketing information
- provide personalized advertising (including by aggregating your data with data of others)
- exercise our rights under contracts with you, including collecting any amounts due from you
- comply with compulsory or voluntary requirements that we or the HSBC group has such as legal, tax, regulatory, sanctions or market requirements in Macau and overseas
- comply with requests made by different bodies or authorities such as legal, regulatory, law enforcement, government and tax authorities in Macau and overseas. Sometimes we may have to comply with such requests and other times we may choose to voluntarily comply
- comply with our or any HSBC group company's policies, procedures and other commitments in the detection, investigation and prevention of financial and other crimes. This may involve sharing your data in Macau and overseas. This is important in our wider fight against these crimes
- allow any company that we transfer, or propose to transfer, our business or assets to, to evaluate our business and use your data after any transfer
- any other uses for which you have given consent
- any other purpose relating to any of the purposes above.
You can request access to your data, correct data that we hold about you and give feedback. We may be unable to provide you with access to some data - if so, we'll explain why not unless it's not lawful to tell you. You can also ask us to explain our data policies and practices.
Data collection and storage
We may collect
- data that you give to us such as your contact and identification details
- biometric data such as your voice ID and facial recognition data
- your geographic data and location data based on your mobile or other electronic device.
If you don't give us data then we may be unable to provide products or services.
We may also collect data about you from third parties such as
- people who act for you or who you give consent to transfer data to us
- publicly available sources and agencies that collect data which they summarise and use to create statistics
- credit reference, debt collection and fraud prevention agencies
- people who you deal with through our services.
We may also generate data about you
- by combining information that we and other HSBC group companies have collected about you
- based on the analysis of your interactions with us
Storing your data overseas
We may transfer and store your data overseas, including places that don't have the same level of protection for personal data.
Protecting your stored data
While we store it, your data is protected by physical, electronic and procedural safeguards and governed by the laws of Macau and Law 8/2005.
Our third party service providers that receive your data are required to comply with strict measures to protect your data.
If you provide data about others
If you provide data to us about another person (such as a joint account holder, trustee, beneficiary or guarantor) you must make sure they know you have done this, and agree to us processing their data as set out in this Notice.
We share your data with
- HSBC group companies or business divisions
- third parties who provide services to us
- other third parties we work with
- any bodies or partnerships between law enforcement and the financial sector or authorities, such as legal, regulatory, law enforcement, government and tax authorities in Macau or overseas or anyone acting for them
- any person who you hold a joint account with, people who can give instructions for you and anyone who is giving (or may give) security for your loans
- any third party who we may transfer our business or assets to
- partners and providers of reward, co-branding or loyalty programs, charities or non-profit organisations
- social media advertising partners (who can check if you hold an account with them for advertising purposes and the partner may then use your data to send our adverts to you and advertise to people who have a similar profile to you)
- any other third parties who you have consented to us sharing your data with.
We may share your anonymised data with other parties not listed above. If we do this you won't be identifiable from this data.
This is when we use your personal data to send you details about products, services and offers such as financial, insurance or related products and services provided by us or our co-branding partners, rewards, loyalty privileges or charities. We'll only do this where you've consented (including by you giving us an indication of no objection).
We may use your contact details and data such as your demographic information, the products and services that you're interested in, transaction behaviour, portfolio information, location data, social media data, analytics and information from third parties when we market to you.
You can contact us any time if you don't want to receive marketing from us by filling out the contact form, sending us a secure message or contacting us by phone (it may take a short time to update our records to reflect any change)
We'll need to get your separate consent to share your data with other HSBC companies and business divisions, or third parties for them to market their products and services to you.
Your Credit Information
If you apply for, have, or have had, a loan including a home loan, credit card, or any related credit review.
We'll perform credit checks on you which may involve us providing your loan data to a credit reference agency (CRA). The CRA will add this data to their database, which is available to other credit providers to help them assess whether to provide you with credit.
The CRA will keep your data for at least seven days after any new credit reports was enquired.
You can also ask the CRA to
- correct or update your data
- explain their data policies and practices