Benefits and services
- Deposit RMB directly into your account in Macau through our RMB savings service, and withdraw RMB from your account without hassle
- Time deposit service provides the choice of service that best suits your needs
- Deposit or transfer RMB at any HSBC branch in Macau
- Convert your RMB to MOP and vice versa, to suit your needs
- Customers can buy and sell up to RMB20,000 per person per day through their HSBC RMB savings accounts at any HSBC branch in Macau. Customers can exchange RMB notes up to RMB20,000 per transaction at any HSBC branch in Macau
- Remit RMB from your RMB savings account with HSBC in Macau to your RMB account under the same name in the Mainland.If you need to make remittances on a regular basis, you can set up standing instructions at any HSBC branch in Macau. We will remit the amount regularly according to your instructions, saving you time and trouble
- Each customer can remit up to RMB50,000 per day, providing extra flexibility in asset allocation
Things you should know
Please download the Personal Banking Tariff for more details.
- RMB deposit service is only applicable to Macau ID cardholders. All customers can open a RMB savings account at any HSBC branch in Macau. Each customer can open one RMB savings account only (including both sole and joint accounts). No delegation arrangement is allowed for RMB accounts
- Renminbi time deposit account must be opened with a renminbi savings account under the same name and account number. All renminbi time deposit or withdrawal transactions must be made through the corresponding renminbi savings account. Only applicable to transfers to your account with HSBC in Macau.RMB notes deposit and withdrawal service accepts RMB notes with RMB50 denomination or above only
- The account name of your beneficiary account in the Mainland must be identical with your HSBC RMB savings account, including joint accounts. RMB funds that have been remitted to your RMB account under the same name in the Mainland and which have not been withdrawn may, after appropriate verification, be remitted back to your RMB savings account under the same name in Macau. Conditions may apply including those specified by the banks concerned in the Mainland
- A customer's daily outward remittance amount may be checked by the RMB clearing bank
Need more advice?
Fill in the online form and we will contact you very soon.
Contact us by phone
Call our HSBC general enquiry at:
Opening hours: 9am to 7pm, Monday to Friday