Borrow up to 90% of the property valuation or the purchase price (whichever is lower) for Macau residents and around 50% for non-Macau residents.
- Loan tenure ranges from 5 and up to 30 years
- Free choice from our repayment methods to suit your needs
- Mortgage can be arranged in either local currency (MOP) or Hong Kong dollar (HKD)
- Waiver of mortgage handling and property valuation fees
HSBC will help you through the home purchase process
Mortgage application, provide advice on a mortgage loan and refinancing, and provide referrals to trusted property agents and solicitors. When you've found a property within your budget, we will give you valuation and work out a repayment plan that best matches your budget.
Our mortgage repayment plan
At HSBC, we offer a flexible mortgage repayment schedule to suit your needs. Own your home sooner and save on interest, or repay less in the earlier years.
Repay fortnightly or monthly with straight-line repayment plan:
Straight-line Repayment Plan
Enjoy a fixed repayment amount throughout the mortgage term, which is suitable for people earning a regular salary and wish to maintain a fixed budget.
Mortgage loan application
Having decided your favourable mortgage repayment plan, you will have to complete the Home Mortgage Loan Application Form and return it to our bank with the following documents:
- ID/passport original and duplicate copies
- Bank book/statements for the last three months
- Tax demand note for the last tax year
- Employer's letter with company letterhead and bearing company chop confirming job title and income
- Recent salary payroll advice
- Provisional or Formal sales and purchase agreement
- Other documentation as required
Upon approval of your application, we will arrange an appointment with you to come to our Macau Branch for account opening and loan documentation signing.
Things you should know
|Interest rate type||Rate|
|HSBC's best lending rate (MOP)||5.375%|
|HSBC's best lending rate (HKD)||5.375%|
|Interest rate type||HSBC's best lending rate (MOP)|
|Interest rate type||HSBC's best lending rate (HKD)|
Above is for reference only.
Effective Date: 02-Oct-2018